- My Amigurumi Farm
FREE CROCHET CARROT PATTERN
Easy to make free crochet Carrot pattern. Enjoy!
12.5cm / 4.92 inch in length (from the top of the leaves to the end of the root)
crochet hook size 3.0 mm
Stylecraft Special DK: Spice (1711), 100% Acrylic, 100g
Stylecraft Special DK: Grass Green (1821), 100% Acrylic, 100g
A piece of black yarn to make smile
Polyester filling for toys
Black safety eyes x 2 – size 6 mm
Skills required / abbreviations / info:
Magic ring (crochet specified number of single crochet stitches into the adjustable loop)
Sc - single crochet
2sc - increase (crochet 2 single crochet stitches into the same stitch)
2tog - decrease (crochet 2 stitches together)
CH – chain stitch
F/O - finish off
Work in continuous spiral, do not turn or join, unless stated otherwise
Sewing parts together
Tip: for better results, Invisible Decrease can be used.
Invisible Decrease: insert hook into front loops only of next 2 stitches, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook, yarn over and pull through remaining 2 loops on hook; 1sc remains which means invisible decrease is completed.
Visit YouTube channel (click on link) - Make a Stitch
CARROT (colour – Spice (1711))
1) Magic ring, 6sc (6)
2) 2sc in each stitch (12)
3) 2sc in each stitch (24)
4) 1sc in each stitch (24)
5) 1sc in next 3 stitches, then 2sc in next stitch – repeat to the end of row (30)
6-8) 1sc in each stitch for 3 rows (30)
9) 1sc in next 8 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (27)
10-11) 1sc in each stitch for 2 rows (27)
12) 1sc in next 7 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (24)
13-14) 1sc in each stitch for 2 rows (24)
15) 1sc in next 6 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (21)
16-17) 1sc in each stitch for 2 rows (21)
Insert safety eyes between rows 9 – 10, within a distance of 3 holes (count holes between the stitches).
Using needle and a piece of black yarn, make smile (this can be done before carrot is finished, or after).
Stuff with polyester filling.
TIP: when making mouth, use thinner type of yarn than the one used for carrot – it will look better. Alternatively, take a piece of same type of yarn, split it and use 1 single thread.
18) 1sc in next 5 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (18)
19-20) 1sc in each stitch for 2 rows (18)
21) 1sc in next 4 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (15)
22) 1sc in each stitch (15)
23) 1sc in next 3 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (12)
24) 1sc in each stitch (12)
25) 1sc in next 2 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (9)
26) 1sc in each stitch (9)
27) 1sc, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (6)
28) 2tog to the end – alternatively, F/O this row with needle; see free tutorial HERE (click on the link or go to free TUTORIALS section)
LEAVES x 5 (colour – Grass Green (1821))
1) Ch 10 (10)
2) Starting from 2nd chain from the hook, make 1sc in next 9 stitches (9)
F/O and leave longer tails for sewing.
Attach all 5 leaves to the top of the carrot, close to each other.
© 2017 - 2022 My Amigurumi Farm. All rights reserved.
Feel free to sell finished product made from my patterns - please credit My Amigurumi Farm as a pattern designer. Do not reproduce, sell, distribute, alter or claim content of this website as your own.