FREE CROCHET BAKEWELL TART PATTERN - one piece
Easy to make free crochet one piece Bakewell Tart pattern. Enjoy!
4 cm / 1.57 inch in height
crochet hook size 2.5 mm
Stylecraft Natural DK Bamboo + Cotton – Rouge (7136), 60% Bamboo 40% Cotton, 100g
Stylecraft Natural DK Bamboo + Cotton – Nutmeg (7147), 60% Bamboo 40% Cotton, 100g
Stylecraft Natural DK Bamboo + Cotton – Chalk (7127), 60% Bamboo 40% Cotton, 100g
Polyester filling for toys
Skills required / abbreviations / info:
Magic ring (crochet specified number of single crochet stitches into the adjustable loop)
Sc - single crochet
2sc - increase (crochet 2 single crochet stitches into the same stitch)
2tog – decrease (crochet 2 stitches together)
BLO – back loops only
FLO – front loops only
( )* – repeat the sequence continuously as specified in the pattern
F/O – finish off
Work in continuous spiral, don’t turn and don’t join unless stated otherwise
Tip: for better results, Invisible Decrease can be used.
Invisible Decrease: insert hook into front loops only of next 2 stitches, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook, yarn over and pull through remaining 2 loops on hook; 1sc remains which means invisible decrease is completed.
Start with colour ‘Rouge (red)’
1) Magic ring, 6sc (6)
2) 2sc in each stitch (12)
3-4) 1sc in each stitch for 2 rows (12)
Change colour to ‘Chalk (white)’
5) In FLO: 2sc in each stitch (24)
6) 1sc in next 3 stitches, then 2sc in next stitch – repeat to the end of row (30)
7) 1sc in next 2 stitches, (2sc, 1sc in next 4 stitches)* - repeat 5 times, 2sc, 1sc in next 2 stitches (36) (see chart for this row below)
Change colour to ‘Nutmeg (brown)’
8) 1sc in each BLO (36)
9) In BLO: 1sc in next 4 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (30)
10) 1sc in each stitch (30)
11) 1sc in next 8 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (27)
12) 1sc in each stitch (27)
13) In BLO: 1sc in next 7 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (24)
14) 1sc, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (16)
Stuff the tart with polyester filling.
15) 1sc in next 2 stitches, then 2tog – repeat to the end of row (12)
16) 2tog to the end.
EDGE OF THE TART
Now, when Tart is completed, make the edge:
go to FLO made between rows 8 – 9 (in brown yarn)
using hook, make 1sc in each FLO (now the edge will start appearing; edge should go upward and 'cover' colour change made in row 8 - see pictures of completed Tart for references)
F/O - using needle, weave in remaining threads
Chart for row 7
© 2017 - 2022 My Amigurumi Farm. All rights reserved.
Feel free to sell finished product made from my patterns - please credit My Amigurumi Farm as a pattern designer. Do not reproduce, sell, distribute, alter or claim content of this website as your own.